1. Do I need an appointment to try on gowns?
No, we still operate without appointments as many of our clients travel a long distance and we wish to accommodate everyone with the best service possible. Our staff do not receive commission and, therefore, every bride may expect equal attention in a no pressure environment.
We always have consultants on staff. If you prefer an
appointment, we accept bookings during the week for 1 hour duration.
2. When should I order my gown?
Of course, in a perfect world, every bride would order her gown at least one year ahead. We never anticipate problems but one could occur during the manufacture of your gown. If your gown arrives at least 6 months before the wedding, we both have the pleasure of knowing everything is correct and meets your expectations. Depending on which designer you choose, most gowns take approximately 4 to 8 months to arrive after the order has been placed.
3. What if I don’t have 4 months - my wedding is soon?
Don’t panic - all of the beautiful gowns in our shop may be purchased in time for your special day. Possibly, your favourite gown is available from the manufacturers stock and shipment will be as soon as two weeks. Every day we are reminded by our brides
that we have the largest collection of gowns, sizes and prices compared to other
salons across Ontario.
4. Why are your prices lower than most shops?
We believe in fair pricing policies based on good business practices and in minimizing expensive advertising. Your bottom line price is always reasonable since we do not add any unexpected charges such as storage, garment bag purchase and manufacturers shipping charges. Alteration charges are very reasonable.
5. Some bridal shops remove manufacturing tags and change codes - why does Everlasting Memories display all this pertinent information?
We want your trust. We welcome your interest in the designer and our retail prices. We have nothing to hide and you deserve the reassurance that Everlasting Memories treats every customer in a fair and equal manner. Beware - shops not displaying tags may be charging more than a reputable bridal shop.
6. Why do some shops prohibit the use of cameras?
We hope you will bring your camera along. We want you to enjoy the friendly atmosphere in the shop and our staff will be more than pleased to help document this happy occasion with photos. Again, shops trying to hide something will frown on the use of cameras.
7. Do you carry small and large sizes?
We give personalized service to every bride and are pleased to be given the opportunity to make you look your best for that special day. We pride ourselves in carrying a wide range of sample sizes for our brides. We have size 4 to 28 in stock. Gowns now start at size 0 and exceed size 30.
8. Is my dress safe in storage at the shop?
Do all shops carry insurance -- we are not sure. Everlasting Memories carries all the necessary insurance to protect your purchases. Any dress stored on the premises is isolated from the retail area of the shop. No customer is entitled to try on a ‘sold’ dress. Some shops use sold dresses for sample try-ons while others have recently been known to sell your dress if the need arises and try to re-order yours.
9. What is your payment policy?
A deposit of half the ticket price is required before any order is placed. You will
receive documentation with your order. Once your gown has arrived, the balance is due within 30 days. Purchases off the rack require payment in full.
10. My measurements were taken before the gown was ordered. Should it fit perfectly?
Your measurements on the day the order is placed allow you to choose the closest size recommended by the designer. Every order is signed by the bride and allows each bride to participate in the size selection. Most gowns require shortening and minor alterations to custom fit the bride’s body type.
11. May I purchase my gown without visiting the shop?
Yes, we will give you the same prompt service as our in-store brides. You can contact us by email, fax or phone.
12. May I return my gown if I change my mind or the wedding is cancelled?
Everlasting Memories has a strict stock control policy and once a deposit is placed there are no cancellations, refunds or exchanges. We place your order immediately. Therefore, you must forfeit the deposit and the gown or pay the balance and take your gown.
13. Being an educated consumer will help you avoid the following:
1. Dealing with a shop that takes your deposit and for weeks or months holds
your gown order until the last minute.
2. In stock gowns are altered and misrepresented as new gowns.
3. Shops that put their own tags on designer gowns and inflate the price.
4. Shops that run with inexperienced staff.
5. “Free” alterations that are poorly done and cause disappointment right
before the wedding.
6. Surprise charges to purchase crinolines, gown bags, gown storage, etc.
BACK TO TOP